Monday, January 01, 2007

And so begins a new year...


Happy New Year everyone! I hope that y'all were safe in everything you did last night, as well as throughout the entire Christmas season. Hopefully, there are good stories to tell...but not too good, if you know what I mean...and I think you do... :)

Tell me, what are your New Year's resolutions? How do y'all plan on "bettering" yourselves in this new year? Are you going for the routine, but ever appropriate "lose weight/get fit"? Or instead, are you getting more creative and personal? Of course, not at all saying that getting fit and losing weight are not personal...not by any means.

I haven't got all of mine down yet, but I know two thus far. I will keep you updated and I expect you to keep me in check.

First off, I want to go to church more often. This year I have come up with some pretty lame excuses as to why I haven't been able to go to church...when this year, above all others, I have had more reasons to be thankful and to be in church. I always start off with the best intentions but they quickly give way as life gets in the way. What is the saying? Ohh, that's right, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions." Riiight.

The second is that I want to volunteer more. I give money when I can...but it's hard to for me to give money when I don't have that much to begin with. But this doesn't mean that I can't give with my time. Or just think of this, if I decided cut one eat-out dinner per month from my budget, that would be $180 that I could give annually. $180! Just for cutting one meal out per month.

So, those are my two resolutions thus far. If you feel like sharing yours, please feel free! If not, I'm sure they are great anyway!

I hope you all have a blessed 2007!

No comments: