Friday, June 15, 2007

Ruth Graham passes away

Now, I haven't followed her life and I don't know much about her; however, watching her story this morning and listening to who she was and how she will be remembered touched my heart.

Watch the story here and here.

Billy Graham - "I am so grateful to the Lord that He gave me Ruth, and especially for these last few years we’ve had in the mountains together. We’ve rekindled the romance of our youth, and my love for her continued to grow deeper every day. I will miss her terribly and look forward even more to the day I can join her in Heaven.”

Ruth was asked in an interview with Diane Sawyer back in the 90's about the secret to her marital success. She responded that a Chinese writer once wrote that "In the West (America), marriage starts at a boil and gradually cools. In the East, marriage starts cool and gradually reaches a boil."

Perhaps that was their secret.

No comments: