Friday, September 16, 2005

Eric Sucks

Okay people – not only has this kid tried to kill me in his vehicle, but he is also tried (and would have succeeded) to swindle me out of my beloved comforter!

If you have kept up with my blogs – which I am sure that you all have – you know that I am selling my old comforter on Ebay. Well I got an email though the site from someone that I pronounced his/her user name as “Dericka.” Honestly, I couldn’t tell if this person was a girl or a guy but it really freaked me out thinking that some man wanted my uber-feminine comforter. And, I really wasn’t paying attention.

Well, “Dericka” asked me if I had the matching valance to go with my comforter and what a coincidence I DO! So, I emailed back saying that I did, in fact, have it and that it was brand new and unopened. The next email I received, Dericka seemed overjoyed with this fact and asked me if I would be willing to sell it as a set. I wrote back that I would be and asked if $6 sounded reasonable. Dericka wrote back asking if there were any mystery stains that he/she should know about on my comforter. I was appalled and offended. But at the same time – I really wanted to get that valance off my hands and I supposed it was a reasonable question. I was thinking about this one tiny little ink stain on my comforter and wrote back, “Not a one! Looks like brand new!” Such a liar.

While I relayed the events to Tom in my cube I am distinctly aware that something is extremely funny on the other side of my office. DP, BBLogan, Eric and some others all are dying laughing…and I mean rolling on the ground kind of laughing.

Then Dericka wrote back, “Do you still not know who this is??” Upon closer inspection of Dericka’s username I discovered that it was not Dericka…it was DCEric*** - then it hit me – albeit a little too late.

It was undeniably Eric from my work. What a looser!

I have a feeling that I am never going to live this down – and I am sure that writing this blog about it doesn’t help matters any.

Thus, I am taking recommendations on ways to get Eric back. If you have any ideas let me know! This kid has got it coming to him.

3 comments:

BB Logan said...

What I want to know is... Do you have any sheets to match the valance and the comforter? And, if so, are THEY stained?

BE HONEST.

Sarah said...

Haha - Okay, so there is a little ink stain on the comforter...but did I mention that I am a non-smoker and I have no pets??

BB Logan said...

What a good sport!
Love ya... mean it.