Thursday, May 31, 2007

Are you kidding me?

Two stories that infuriate me:

First - A lawsuit brought on by a woman that slipped in a puddle of vomit at Wal-Mart. She's suing the company because she allegedly "suffered serious neck and upper back injuries in the fall and has undergone several surgeries and is unable to work."

Puh -Leeze! She slipped in vomit. I'm not doubting that Medema wasn't injured...and I'm not doubting that the fall didn't hurt her ego. But come on...surgery! To repair what exactly?! And unable to work? Come on...

Two - Some people just don't learn. A New Mexico man is charged with his 28th DWI offense. 28th!! He had 27 DWI offenses with 14 convictions before this current arrest. Someone please tell me why this man is still on the road and not behind bars? Ha - well, I guess he is behind bars...but I mean the bars of the steel/prison variety.

He parked his car, fell out of his truck, failed to complete the field sobriety tests and, consequently, refused to take the breathalyzer.

I think the criminal court system has failed the citizens of
Albuquerque, New Mexico.

1 comment:

Slave to the dogs said...

New Mexico is ridiculous when it comes to enforcing laws, especially regarding DWI. It's one of the reasons we have no real interest in moving back.