Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Three Thanks

1. TCBY - Man that place is delish. I love their soft serve, White Chocolate with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Sure, it makes the 96% fat free not so...ah hem, 96% fat free...but you know, I have to live a little. And let's be honest, they never go too crazy on loading me up with toppings anyway.

The hand scooped, Cookies and Cream is pretty freakin' good too. Just so you know...for future trips. I actually had a dream that a TCBY was being built next to where I work. Oh, that be dangerous. Dangerous, delicious and fantabulous.

2. Gmail Chat - Possibly the best invention ever for the 8-5 desk slave. Not the computer, not the fax machine, no...Gmail Chat. It's like AIM only they (read, Big Brother) can't really know that I'm chatting away. At least...I don't think they know...

Oh dear God...perhaps I have made a careless error in judgement...perhaps Big Brother can read all of my chats...

Nah. I'm pretty sure I'm safe...Plus, if not...I'll go drown my sorrows in TCBY. All will be well with the world.

3. Books - I think I have posted before about my sometimes bizarre, almost fetish, with books. There is just something about the way they smell...the pages' texture between my fingers...that just keeps me coming back for more.

Sure, I love reading the books. Sure, I love the development of plot, story lines, underlying meanings, and the association and familiarity I feel with the characters at the end of a satisfying novel.

But I love the physical aspects of the novel just as much. The cover design. The look, the feel, the smell. And the way that certain books are bound. You know, when you open it and it makes that lovely crinkle sound? Ahhh, I love that.

I just finished a book and have started The Memory of Running by Ron McLarty. Has anyone read this? Have any book suggestions? I have the summer off from school and a lot of books to be readin'! Hook me up with your favorites!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may not want to know this, but they can read it. They may not be since there is not as much adoption, but they can.

Sarah said...

Ohh NO! My day is ruined! :)

Michael Hickerson said...

I read "The Double Bind" recently and I heartily recommend it.

LeBlanc said...

I am a huge fan of buying and owning books as well as reading them but I bet I have a couple HUNDRED that I havent even cracked open yet. As far as TCBY, I havent been to one since high school when a fellow student who worked there will hand out freebies on a regular basis. I havent been since she quit. Im not sure if I have ever paid for TCBY ever so why start now?

The Exception said...

AH... TCBY. I used to love that place. I didn't know that they still were around. There used to be such shops everywhere, now... not so much.

I love books too!