Sunday, September 17, 2006

Quick post...

Wine on the River was great! It could not have been a more beautiful day for such an event and the pedestrian bridge proved to be the perfect venue. I was able to see a lot of friends that I haven't been able to see in awhile and I got to learn a little bit about wine. Please people, don't be under the assumption that I know (I'm sorry, knew) anything about wine. And honestly, I still am lacking in that department. But I have knowledge of ports and dessert wines now as well as Spanish wines. And I also know that a little sampling of those ports go a long way. I learned that I like sweeter and wetter wines. Did you know that Spanish wines are typically more dry? They apparently are! This is due to the somewhat dry climate in Spain which in turn makes the soil more dry and in turn makes the grapes and the wine more dry. Interesting!

One of the funny parts of the afternoon was as the event began to wind down and come to a close. The crowd at WOTR is fairly diverse. You've got the people around my age mixed in with people around my parents age. You just don't typically see these two co-mingling whilst imbibing. Well, as you can imagine people were naturally a little intoxicated from all the generous samples towards the end...and well, people started to be a little more flirtatious. What was funny was when guys about my dad's age...or older...would come over and blatantly hit on my friend and I. I guess it's funny because it's rare that I get hit on by someone who receives senior citizen's discounts at Kroger.

Ahhh...Good times.

Ohh and a side note...I had the best chocolate covered strawberry Of. My. Life.

No comments: